[lbo-talk] MLK vs. BHO

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Fri Jan 23 15:53:01 PST 2009

At 05:31 PM 1/23/2009, Doug Henwood wrote:

>On Jan 23, 2009, at 5:17 PM, Dennis Perrin wrote:
>
>>A friendly suggestion: lose the black backdrop. Makes your
>>commentaries harder to read. Those backdrops are fine for shorter,
>>more visually oriented posts. But you have so much more to say.
>
>You're the second to say that. I like it. Am I that unusual?

you like it. but do you read your posts? it's the biggest complaint 'round about the blogosphere: dark backgrounds, white text, screen > hard to read. no reason to make the reading experience painful.

also, for SEO, loose the image in the header. i mean, keep your mug, just put the title to your blog in text, in an <h1> tag. otherwise, the site'll get crawled with the title of your posts and not the title of your blog.

like google's doing right now: http://www.google.com/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=&=&q=doughenwood.wordpress.com&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f

branding. branding. branding.

of course, you might just be upholding the status quo if you do all that.
:) but hey, you *are* on facebook, etc. heh.