[lbo-talk] Waterboarding etc.

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Fri Jan 23 17:56:00 PST 2009

On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 17:38:49 -0800 (PST) Chris Doss <lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> So, do you think Leavenworth has accomodations for that many people just lying around? Maybe they should sleep on the grass and root for grubs.

Last I heard, Guantanamo had 240-odd guests. Is it really so hard to imagine that the vast American gulag doesn't have that many spare beds? Please.

Hell, they could just take over a Holiday Inn and wrap it in razor wire. How long did it take to throw up some chainlink and chicken-coops at Guantanamo itself? This notion of immense logistical problems is a chimaera.

> I know you would be coming up with all sorts of excuses if Cuba were involved.

I'm not sure to whom "you" refers here, but if it's me, I'm puzzled. I don't recall having written a word about Cuba on this list or anywhere else.

Perhaps it was some other Smith? We are a numerous tribe.

--

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org