[lbo-talk] Waterboarding: What goes around, comes around.

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Fri Jan 23 18:02:27 PST 2009

On Sat, 24 Jan 2009 12:43:41 +1100 Bill Bartlett <billbartlett at aapt.net.au> wrote:

> The problem is that most of the prisoners can't be legally detained.
> But they can't be released either, unless the US is willing to accept
> them as refugees.

We brought 'em here. If nobody else wants 'em, then the joke is on us.

If you can't try 'em, you've gotta let 'em go. Or accept that the liberties and rights we all thought we had are just gone, gone, gone.

> Some of these refugees are actually murderous lunatics.

Oh come on. You can't swing a cat in this country without hitting a murderous lunatic. What's 200 more? Sheesh.

--

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org