[lbo-talk] Waterboarding etc.

ken hanly northsunm at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 24 07:01:10 PST 2009

Surely it is not reasonable for Obama to be expected to close Guantanamo right away. He has started the process right away as one of his first acts. That seems significant enough especially in contrast to Bush.

While it may be that some coercive techniques will be re-introduced in the manual it is up to the left to keep a vigilant eye on this. At least Obama has specifically outlawed some such as waterboarding.

What bothered me is that the new intelligence chief refuses to admit that waterboarding is torture. Obama should think again about appointing someone such as that..

cheers, k hanly

Blog: http://kenthink7.blogspot.com/index.html Blog: http://kencan7.blogspot.com/index.html