[lbo-talk] Leninists find Jesus

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 29 12:37:01 PST 2009

At 11:59 AM 1/29/2009, Carrol Cox wrote:

>On the other hand, from what you and
>Duane have passed on from Zizek I fail to see what he says that adds or
>contributes to the really quite commonplace cooperation of atheist &
>Christian radicals over the last century.

Old wine in new bottles?

One of the canards about "pomos" is that they somehow lead people astray, which I generally take to mean they somehow keep people from reading Marx. I think it's just as or more likely that people discover Marx, Hegel, et. al. by way of, say, Judith Butler. Even if Zizek is saying something you've heard before, others haven't. The guy's a great promoter.

Dwayne linked to his own post as well as the Zizek stuff. He wrote about the Rev. Wright brouhaha and I think he adds and contributes:

"Jesus Against Empire: Wright and Obama Reconsidered"

<<http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/2008/2008-May/007671.html>http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/2008/2008-May/007671.html>