[lbo-talk] Fwd: S&S Call for Papers

Philip Pilkington pilkingtonphil at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 18:32:51 PST 2009

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 2:13 AM, Julio Huato <juliohuato at gmail.com> wrote:

> This may be of interest.

Would I be wrong in saying that the predominant (if not singular) Marxist interpretation of the crisis is one of overproduction/overaccumulation?

Specifically that the credit system has been over-inflated in order to accommodate both accumulation through speculation and mass consumption by a population on low wages which makes up for up for a crisis in both "real" production and the drop off in any labour union movement actually trying to collect a sustainable wage for the lower strata of the population.