[lbo-talk] Roma history

Alan Rudy alan.rudy at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 18:44:17 PDT 2009

I bet there were other people who were a bit irritated that you knew next to nothing about feminist struggles/women's politics in Iran... what's your point? In any event, do you really put this on Hugo? Why not Cher? Keerist. Did the the Chuvash, Kalmyks, Buryats, Cossacks, Tyvans, Bashkirs" migrate across _Western_ Europe as tinkers for centuries experiencing various forms of oppression the whole time - including some time in the gas chambers? Westerners, whoever the hell they are, know all sorts of selective, biased and messed up crap about the rest of the planet... why be pissed about this more than the fact that 95% of my undergrads - despite knowing soldiers who are there - can't find Iraq on a map and claim the war doesn't affect them. Dude, filter your Enter key. A