[lbo-talk] Roma history

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 10 12:19:16 PDT 2009

At 06:56 PM 7/9/2009, Chris Doss wrote:

>Nobody here knows anything about women's struggles in Iran. None of
>us have been to Iran and none of us speak Farsi.

I've never been to the moon either but I do know something about it. Nor have I been to 13th century England but I also know something about that. And I don't read Latin but I do know something about ancient Rome.

If you want to know something about women's struggles in Iran you can read what women and men involved in those struggles have to say about it. A lot of them speak English and a lot of things are available in translation. There are also scholars and journalists who specialize in such things. Many links and excerpts from books have been provided here for those who want to find out more.

>In other words, we are slinging bullshit.

Speak for yourself.