[lbo-talk] Abolition as self-help

mart media314159 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 16 01:43:30 PDT 2009

some thought pro-slavery arguments weren't pc? oh my gawd. if they weren;t pc, then maybe they deserve the fate or larry summers.

if i recall fogel and north, one of whom one a noble econ laureate, pointed out slaves actually had it pretty good, with respect to the non slave owning white class of the time (mostly moonshiners and nascar drivers, i assume) in terms of growing thier own food, saturday night parties etc . i did suspect this was written to counter reperations arguments of the time, which are still somewhat popular.