[lbo-talk] More on Kenneally

mart media314159 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 16 10:52:50 PDT 2009

> Do I get a Nobel for my "language isn't a product of
> evolution; being good at language is a product of evolution"
> theory? ;)

as you know these are based on merit. you don't just get them. a quantitative ranking of merit is now understood, based on willingness to pay---if you have the money, then you have merit. so give an offer. (at least 1 $M because we give the money prize too.)

> How do animals get ASL if they don't know any vocabulary?
> Or do you just mean using gestures?

evidently. there's whole (generalized) grammars of gestures. think of dogs pissing on trees and bears scratching them. or, say, dance. if we evolve maybe in 100,000 years we'll (or you'll) even get there.