[lbo-talk] frankfurt school query

Marv Gandall marvgandall at videotron.ca
Sun Jul 19 06:54:54 PDT 2009

I haven't read it - another one of those "wish I had the time" - but George Friedman, the neocon head of Stratfor, the US intelligence consultancy, advanced what the left would consider a provocative thesis about the Frankfurt School. He claimed it for the right, in effect, by situating it in the tradition of the anti-Enlightenment Romantic reaction to capitalism, the bourgeoisie, and liberalism, with Nietzsche, Spengler, and Heidegger it's ideological precursors as much as Marx. His Political Philosophy of the Frankfurt School appeared in the 1980's.