[lbo-talk] Triple Your Lizard

John Gulick john_gulick at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 20 10:34:01 PDT 2009

AR:

>Alan Rudy: You're right of course, and I know it, but they don't... and they're
not interested in the question of what kind
>of history they are going to make
since they know so little about the history already made... Another answer, though could be: >Nope, they won't, 85% of them report that they are bolting the state as soon as they get their BA, 'cuz there are no jobs >here...

JG:

I guess I was trying to puncture the notion that beneath the mediocre surface of everyday life in the post-modern/late capitalist/whatever US, there are REAL people making REAL history... when in fact the bland landscape of themed subdivisions and chain stores -- and the amnesiacs who design, build, and occupy such a landscape -- IS history in the making, for better or worse... not that you would subscribe to such a vulgar notion, just that your offhand comment was redolent of it.

Seven posts for the day, way past my quota.

_________________________________________________________________ Windows Live™ Hotmail®: Search, add, and share the web’s latest sports videos. Check it out. http://www.windowslive.com/Online/Hotmail/Campaign/QuickAdd?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_QA_HM_sports_videos_072009&cat=sports