[lbo-talk] Triple Your Lizard

Alan Rudy alan.rudy at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 11:07:56 PDT 2009

can we please get to something substantive, or make a clear conceptual argument about something meaningful based on something other than anecdotal evidence?... or just cease this thread

homogenization and differentiation are two of the hallmarks of capitalism and globalization, cosmopolitanism has a massive and deeply contested literature behind it as a term and as a practice, the simultaneous transformation in the extent to which diverse peoples engage in global travel while others remain relatively close to or always return to home - and the wholly imperfect disconnect between travel and cosmopolitanism - are exciting and interesting topics... but this interminable exchange is neither exciting nor interesting... I think/hope we can do better