[lbo-talk] Triple Your Lizard

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 22 07:00:06 PDT 2009

I mentioned India specifically because it seems to be as regionally heterogeneous as it is possible to be and still be the same country (and not be the Ottoman Empire). It's like the anti-US. :)

Normally I use Russia for these examples, as is my wont, but the rossiyane have been culturally standardized to some extent by virtue of Soviet standardized education and they all at least know how to speak Russian, whereas India doesn't have a main language at all. Even Hindi is spoken by less than half the population.

BTW is use of English as an official language still controversial among Hindi-speakers?