[lbo-talk] Triple Your Lizard

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Wed Jul 22 11:03:49 PDT 2009

On Jul 22, 2009, at 1:34 PM, Chris Doss wrote:

> I'm not sure there's anything terribly profound in noting that human
> beings, who exist in time, understand things in terms of time.

Beings do not "exist in time." Human--and all other beings--exist in *duration*. The only unit of duration recognizable to perception is the diurnal. It was very very late in human social development when humans began to break up duration into measured units of "time" (starting with lunations). And even later when they broke up place into measured units of "space."

Shane Mage