[lbo-talk] Obama cover-up?

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Wed Jul 22 15:11:09 PDT 2009

Chuck Grimes writes:

> What I really can't figure out is why? Why keep all
> of the rot of the Bush regime secret?

I think you answer it yourself:

> Much of the executive branch is involved ...

Yes, but:

> ... and it
> can't get fixed until all this shit is out in the open.

... though you come to a different conclusion than Team Obama.

There was a good article a few weeks ago in the New Yorker about Leon Panetta over at CIA: the more the torture stuff got talked about on the "news" and thus on the street, the harder it was to get *anyone* appointed to any kind of position, because *everyone* who had anything to do with CIA during those years was involved, and the first question was: are they tainted by this torture mess?

So the pragmatist says: I can be a better filter of "good" people vs. "bad" if You The People would just shut up about it already. Thus: bury it.

/jordan