[lbo-talk] Obama cover-up?

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Wed Jul 22 19:08:54 PDT 2009

``There was a good article a few weeks ago in the New Yorker about Leon Panetta over at CIA: the more the torture stuff got talked about on the "news" and thus on the street, the harder it was to get *anyone* appointed to any kind of position, because *everyone* who had anything to do with CIA during those years'' /jordan

Thanks for answering. I'll try to look up the article. If you have a link, please post it.

It sort of makes sense, since Panetta is completely on the outside of the intelligence community. I have to wonder how Panetta and Gates get along. Gates is a complete insider.

I am not really interested in prison convictions. A few top level firings might be in order. I want the information out on what was done so that it is on the record. Cynics say, oh well, this goes on all the time. Bullshit. It doesn't go on all the time.

What I want is the whole rightwing hate mantra of utter hypocrisy and deadly arrogance excoriated. No more sliding around, getting out of it, spinning everything. I want them nailed. Nailed for good by history.

There is a simple narrative truth. These assholes in the Bush Cheney regime killed hundreds of the thousands of innocent people. I want that story told.

Obama is going to own the crimes of the Bush regime, if he doesn't get this stuff out soon. He is going to take the fall for what they did and he is going to have a failed presidency on his hand to boot.

CG