[lbo-talk] duh, DeLong

Wojtek Sokolowski swsokolowski at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 23 06:28:32 PDT 2009

Do you have a breakdown by industry?

I suspect that the perception of 'disappearing job tenures' may be partly due to the fact that is happening only in the high profile sectors of the US economy (such as the auto industry) but in other sectors it was always "employment at will," high turnover, etc. So the "disappearing tenures" in high profile industries create an illusion that the US job market as a whole is going to the dogs, whereas in reality it has been there all the time, except for a few high profile sectors.

Wojtek