[lbo-talk] Toward some better thoughts

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 23 11:11:15 PDT 2009

At 07:01 AM 7/23/2009, Chris Doss wrote:

>"Produc[ing] all the possible sounds of all human languages" is the
>same thing as "randomly making noises with the human voice box,"
>like "producing all the possible sounds of a piano concerto" is (or
>can be) the same thing as "randomly beating on a piano keyboard."

Apples and spark plugs again.

Chuck is saying this is something sweet in the world because it's a stage. all too brief, that we all go through and an indicator of, as Chuck put it, "a kind of organic unity that demands a poetic sensibility..."

A baby making these sounds is like a portal to some deeper knowledge of ourselves. Randomly beating on a keyboard is closer to what you do here on lbotalk.

http://www.amazon.com/Christine-Kenneally/e/B001IGOJ34