[lbo-talk] Ask Jon Stewart to invite Mrs. Xiomara Castro de Zelaya to his Daily Show

Julio Huato juliohuato at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 04:09:35 PDT 2009

About two years ago, Jon Stewart invited president Evo Morales of Bolivia to his show.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-september-25-2007/president-evo-morales

I believe this helped Stewart's audience learn a bit more about the struggles of working people in Bolivia.

Help me persuade Jon Stewart to invite now Mrs. Xiomara Castro de Zelaya, spouse of president José Manuel Zelaya Rosales, to his Daily Show by sending a note to his producers here:

http://www.comedycentral.com/help/questionsCC.jhtml

Mrs. Castro is a political leader on her own right. Just to name little known facts, Mrs. Castro has been at the forefront of efforts in Honduras (and the world) in the fight against AIDS, not a minor feat in the cultural context of Central America. She's also been instrumental in the defense of the cultural rights of the Garifuna (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garifuna) in Honduras, Central America, and the Caribbean. Mrs. Castro is currently playing a leading role in the struggle to restore the constitutional order in her country.