[lbo-talk] Black scholar arrest angers Obama

JC Helary brandelune at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 05:54:22 PDT 2009

On vendredi 24 juil. 09, at 21:22, Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:

>> 3. At last, this shows that Obama still has some buttons
>> that can be pushed. He's not a total droid. He's much too
>> careful a speaker to come out and explicitly call the cops
>> stupid unless a very raw nerve was struck.
>> Interesting,
>
> [WS:] I do not really understand the urge to denounce Mr. Obama on
> this list. He is a very likable character, intelligent, thoughtful,
> outspoken, respectful of others and personally on 'our side' of most
> issues. I really like the guy, or at least his public persona. It
> is not Mr. Obama that is a problem, but the institutional design of
> the US government that acts as an executive committee of the
> business class. Given the institutional constraints that his office
> faces, I think he is doing 'helluva job.'

According to Le Monde he is starting to back down.

http://www.lemonde.fr/ameriques/article/2009/07/24/barack-obama-ranime-le-debat-sur-la-question-raciale_1222262_3222.html

I suppose that as long as he was the funny president with a dark tan he was OK. Now that he is taking side with black people it is a whole different business.

Will this be the start of an impeachment procedure ?!?

Jean-Christophe Helary