[lbo-talk] Black scholar arrest angers Obama

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Sat Jul 25 08:37:32 PDT 2009

On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 20:36:19 -0400 Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> On Jul 24, 2009, at 7:09 PM, Michael Smith wrote:
>
> > In my town, cops have become so staggeringly arrogant that
> > they won't even acknowledge that you exist unless they want
> > to cuff you.

> I think we live in the same town and I don't know what you're talking
> about. I've had many entirely civil interactions with the cops in my
> precinct

You're probably a much nicer guy than I am, Doug. No doubt they sense that. And for all I know the cop culture in one precinct may be different from another.

But I second your comments about the NYS troopers. Every encounter I've had with one of those douchebags has certainly brought the phrase "Fascist prick" to mind.

--

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org