[lbo-talk] An Open Letter to Lefty Friends, Colleagues and Bitter Foes Who're Disappointed by Obama

mart media314159 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 25 08:52:43 PDT 2009

i googled 'communist hypothesis'. (it turns out this is the idea that the free market is not the only way society can be organized. guess my only question on that might be if it can be organized in a different (classless) way, will it still be carbon-based, or instead, silicon based (or something else))---maybe a techno fix is needed, because the effects of the carbon footprint extend beyond al gore's paycheck.

while obama is not the m(a/e)ss(u/ia)h the alternative proposed ('communist hypothesis'---ie a set of academic conferences for tenured white male radicals and cranks) might not be total liberation either.

http://www.nplusonemag.com/fifth-international

i gues nyc has the left forum as the equivalent, and then there is urpe.