[lbo-talk] Healthcare plan, question

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Sat Jul 25 15:30:17 PDT 2009

I was in a fairly long townhall meeting the other night, via the phone with Barbara Lee and several hundred constituients. It was an interesting experience. Lee, Conyers, Kucinich and others have re-introduced the universal healthcare plan of the single payer kind. She was explaining what was in the bill and answering questions.

Conyers has a summary of the bill, which is now called USNHC, H.R. 676 U.S. National Health Care Act:

http://conyers.house.gov/index.cfm?FuseAction=Issues.Home&Issue_id=063b74a4-19b9-b4b1-126b-f67f60e05f8c

I'd like to hear what others who have worked on these issues have to say.

CG