[lbo-talk] An Open Letter to Lefty Friends, Colleagues and Bitter Foes Who're Disappointed by Obama

Eric Beck ersatzdog at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 17:24:47 PDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 8:31 PM, Dwayne Monroe<dwayne.monroe at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2.) Re-discover the "communist hypothesis".
>
> In his important little book, _The Meaning of Sarkozy_, Alain Baidou
> discusses the difference between a critique of Sarkozy which is
> informed by what he calls the "communist hypothesis" and one which
> denies or is ignorant of this hypothesis.

Though given Badiou's complete indifference, hostility even, to political economy and labor politics -- "there can be no economic battle against the economy"; "we must go from politics to economics and never from economics to politics" -- it'd be more precise to call his version the "maoist hypothesis."