[lbo-talk] who made Gates #1?

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Mon Jul 27 21:50:10 PDT 2009

On Mon, 27 Jul 2009, Dwayne Monroe wrote:

> What Reed calls "downtown feminism" does indeed exist and does indeed
> nurture denunciations of black and Latino men as especially misogynistic
> (the implication being that white men, while still pigs, are pigs of a
> somewhat higher order).
>
> Shag can provide links to texts (some no doubt in the archives of her
> own blog) if anyone cares to chase that rabbit.

I confess complete ignorance. I've never even heard of this current of anti-male black male feminism. It sounds pretty pernicious. I never heard the term "downtown feminism" before and thought it was Reed's perjorative term for feminists who lived in New York.

So you if you could post some links, I look forward to reading them. It sounds like Shag's links have bit the dust. And if you know know of any of Gate's writings where he supports what sounds like the worst thing current in feminism since WAP, I'd be interested in that too.

Michael