[lbo-talk] Black scholar arrest angers Obama

martin mschiller at pobox.com
Tue Jul 28 09:00:18 PDT 2009

On Jul 27, 2009, at 7:53 PM, Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:

> public deference toward men in unform really pisses me off. Not the
> cops or soldiers, but the attitudes of the 'Murikan people toward
> them.

And isn't the reason that the POTUS behaved as he did, precisely, to preserve that attitude. By showing deference, he assures that the 'Mur...etc' take note. The cops are, after all, the line that will maintain social order, and cops know it - not necessarily as individuals, but organizationally. They hold the power.

martin