[lbo-talk] Being and Event: the Deep, Penetrating Massage Review, Coming Soon!

Eric Beck ersatzdog at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 14:23:37 PDT 2009

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 4:11 PM, Dwayne Monroe<dwayne.monroe at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Sure, there've been comments based on others' comments which,
> for all I know might be based on still other comments and critiques,
> corkscrewing back in time like a vortex made of meta.

I'm not sure whether to be insulted by this or not.

> Then, like shag, I'm going to paste lengthy blocks of quoted words  --
> straight from the book

Yeah, that'll clear everything up. Because the meanings of words and phrases and concepts are always self-evident. No need or room for interpretation. No reading required!

> Critics!  Polish the barrels of your revolvers fashioned from disdain
> and political infighting.  Glorious war is coming!

Are criticism and explication the same as "disdain and political infighting"?