[lbo-talk] Being and Event: the Deep, Penetrating Massage Review, Coming Soon!

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Tue Jul 28 16:49:18 PDT 2009

At 05:11 PM 7/28/2009, Dwayne Monroe wrote:

>So, tonight, I'm cruising over to Amazon.com and ordering a freshly
>baked copy of _Being and Event_.
>

>Then, like shag, I'm going to paste lengthy blocks of quoted words --
>straight from the book -- along with my Mojito enhanced commentary on
>the LBOTalk white board to see what happens.

i may just join you -- though i just placed ten books on order thru public library, work library, and amazon. oops.

as for pasted lengthy quotes, good luck with that! :)

to everyone else, thanks for, as Dennis C said, a great conversation.

so far, Badiou sounds like a perfect bore. I think I got my fill of metaphysics with Alfred North Whitehead and Justus Buchler.

and Eric, to me, if I can work up a good hate-on for the guy's work -- like I can with a radical feminist's ideas? then it's well worth it!

shag