[lbo-talk] Review of Badiou's Number and Numbers

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 28 15:10:05 PDT 2009

Probably not. What do you mean by "ontology." ;)

The Cartesian (using the term loosely -- see below*) insights are valid whether you call the locus of experience/thought/stuff of which you are aware "consciousness," "mind," "being-there," or "processes in the brain." That is, you cannot step out of your experience/thought/stuff of which you are aware; the act of knowing cannot be separated from the thing known.

*Descartes argued his way to the existence of god, who is not an object of experience. By using the ontological argument, no less! My position is actually more Kant-as-seen-by-Heidegger.