[lbo-talk] Blue Dogs cashing in

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 29 02:06:58 PDT 2009

Michael didn't say that Americans had become more morally advanced and didn't mention growing courage or consciousness. He said that a shift in the moral values that determine the behavior of the dominant American society had taken place specifically with regard to acceptance of homosexuals, and that this had taken place because it had been shown that discrimination against homosexuals is in contradiction to the dominant American moral system.

Discrimination against homosexuals is pretty clearly contradictory to American cultural norms of individualism. Bad treatment of the poor isn't.