[lbo-talk] The Moral Case for Health Care

Miles Jackson cqmv at pdx.edu
Wed Jul 29 20:36:20 PDT 2009

Matthias Wasser wrote:

> I was glad I read it (I was about to say "enjoyed," but that sounds wront)
> too. N.B. that Snyder emphasizes the economic rationality of the mass
> murders, which is something I hadn't really considered in reference to the
> Nazis.

One could provide many compelling criticisms of Nazis. Claiming that Nazis were irrational isn't one of them. They were a sterling example of what Weber called bureaucratic rationality. (I emphasize this point to rebut the passion = bad and rationality = good dichotomy lurking within some of the posts in this thread.)

Miles