[lbo-talk] Kenneally, some notes and background

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Jun 11 05:45:15 PDT 2009

Alan Rudy wrote:

Do I take it that the language-rooted-in-natural-selectionists are psychobiophysicalists and that these folks take Chomsky's stance that language is grounded in very specific brain structures (if I'm right about that) and run with it in a manner which suborns everything we know about the coevolution of human bodies and human sociality? That they run with it in a manner which suborns everything we ought to know to be the necessarily (if well nigh impossible to support with the kind of biophysical data evolutionists so like) historically contingent, physically spandreled and analytically stochastic coevolution of human bodies, sociality and language?

-----

Alan, I can't construe this. Perhaps I'm just slow this morning, but I get lost several times intrying to pull this paragraph into focus. Could you spread it out a bit?

Carrol