[lbo-talk] True emotions in a fake community?

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Thu Jun 11 21:38:45 PDT 2009

On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 00:17:02 -0400 ravi <ravi at platosbeard.org> wrote:

> Am I wrong in thinking that they should just let the poor man go
> without these stumbling attempts at humanity?
>
> --ravi

You are not wrong. It's like going to a "memorial service" for some friend who became an academic. One gray-faced droner after another gets up and recites the deceased's CV.

I went to one such years ago, for an ex-girlfriend who became a successful scientist and died way too young. I don't know how I got through it. Her paper on this -- her paper on that -- papers, papers, a vigorous and rather louche life reduced to paper.

I wanted to jump up and scream, She really liked to fuck! And she was REALLY GOOD AT IT!

--

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org