[lbo-talk] One or two flawed historical analogies (was Re: Stratfor: Western Misconceptions Meet Iranian Reality)

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 15 17:50:01 PDT 2009

Speaking as somebody who lives in Russia -- most people in Russia think the government is not authoritarian enough. It's the main complaint.

Having "authoritarian" as a criterion for goodness/badness is silly anyway. What matters is how the people in the country are doing, which is generally tied into how effective the government is at solving problems, not to its form.