[lbo-talk] One or two flawed historical analogies (was Re: Stratfor: Western Misconceptions Meet Iranian Reality)

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 16 03:17:42 PDT 2009

I don't think "authoritarian" is a meaningful category. If it just means "place in which decision-making is generally done from above," that's every country 95% of the time. If it means "place in which decision-making is generally done from above, but more than in the United States" (which is what it usually really means," then, what, there is no difference between Nazi Germany, China, North Korea, Viet-Nam, and Cuba?

Anywway, the problem with the Nazis was not that they were authoritarians. The problem with the Nazis was that they were genocidal warmongerers.