[lbo-talk] One or two flawed historical analogies (was Re: Stratfor: Western Misconceptions Meet Iranian Reality)

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 16 06:39:32 PDT 2009

Come to think of it, it also assumes that in "authoritarian" societies (whatever those are), decision-makers are completely divorced from the masses, receive no input from them, and do not care what they think, and in addition do not have internal debate. No society functions like this. The Soviets cared about public opinion a lot, as do the Chinese. Both had/have vigorous internal debate.