[lbo-talk] Politicization of everyday life

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Tue Jun 16 07:23:00 PDT 2009

On Mon Jun 15, Charles Turner wrote:

> > But I can't think of anything like this ever happening in my lifetime
> > before. Piping political speeches into phones? At apolical venues?
> > Wow.
>
> Not quite the same, but I was put on hold, listening to 1010 WINS or
> something, when the news that Reagan had been shot came across.

This actually turned out to be the key -- my whole experience was a fluke. I went back to today to check, and sure enough, they simply use a news radio station as their hold option. It was just luck that I was put on hold while the station was in the middle of broadcasting Obama's speech. Today it was stock market news.

Michael