[lbo-talk] Putting the Fun in Copyright Fundamentalism

dredmond at efn.org dredmond at efn.org
Wed Jun 17 17:25:42 PDT 2009

Fellow LOBsters --

Life is full of ironies. After semesters of studying the beast of copyright fundamentalism, the thing has decided to make an appearance in my personal life.

The legal eagles of a certain publisher have accused me of violating copyright law. I've responded by citing Fair Use conventions. We'll see what happens next.

For obvious reasons, I can't be more specific -- let's just say it has nothing to do with any recent work of mine, but rather my past life as a Comparatist. I'm pretty sure I'm covered by Fair Use, but if anyone has suggestions as far as legal resources, email me offlist.

-- DRR