[lbo-talk] paranoia

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Jun 18 11:03:36 PDT 2009

ravi wrote:

> On Jun 18, 2009, at 12:22 PM, Doug Henwood wrote:
> It is saddening to see us use right-wing terms like these, which are
> intended to shortcut substantial thinking.

This was a history I was familiare with (and did not object to) well before I dreamt of becoming a Marxist. If a Latin American president _in any way_ either is or seems to be not a "friend" of the u.s., that president ends up dead or in exile. The _only_ exceptions have been those among them who were intelligently paranoid. This is one of the least debatable elements in the history of u.s. foreign policy.

Carrol