[lbo-talk] paranoia

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 13:11:20 PDT 2009

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 3:03 PM, Carrol Cox<cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:

> ravi wrote:
>>
>> On Jun 18, 2009, at 12:22 PM, Doug Henwood wrote:
>> It is saddening to see us use right-wing terms like these, which are
>> intended to shortcut substantial thinking.
>>

> This was a history I was familiare with (and did not object to) well
> before I dreamt of becoming a Marxist. If a Latin American president _in
> any way_ either is or seems to be not a "friend" of the u.s., that
> president ends up dead or in exile. The _only_ exceptions have been
> those among them who were intelligently paranoid. This is one of the
> least debatable elements in the history of u.s. foreign policy.
>
> Carrol

The so-called "farmers strikes" in Argentina in early 2008 certainly had elements of a colour revolution. And "grassroots" ONGs with thies to anti'-Cuban think tanks certainly took part in the protests.

And watch out for allegations of fraud in the next legislative elections. The USA certainly dislikes Argentina´s close relations with Venezuela.

Our governments have signed more cooperation traties in the last two years than in the whole history of our nations. Commerce for the first time has increased threefold, and not just primary exports but machinery, pipes, cars, appliances and so on.

The USA´s official line is that all is warm and fuzzy between our nations but the american hardliners certainly have an axe to grind after the Mar del Plata summit where the FTAA was rejected.

FC Buenos Aires, Argentina