[lbo-talk] Hamid Dabashi on Iran

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon Jun 22 13:00:17 PDT 2009

Eric Beck wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 10:40 AM, Doug Henwood<dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:
>
> > Well yeah, but isn't there anything inspiring, or at least encouraging,
> > about the demos?

I do not claim any knowledge of the facts on the ground in Iran, but to declare demos _as such_ inspiring is mindless. Were the dmos by housewives just before the overthrow of Allende inspiring?

I'm NOT saying anything at all about Iran; I'm comment _only_ of the fatuity of seeing demos in the abstract as inspiring. Perhaps they are; perhaps they are not. It requires investigation.

Carrol