[lbo-talk] Tell them we are democrats (was: freedom to swim)

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Thu Jun 25 13:49:52 PDT 2009

On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 16:02:15 -0400 Shane Mage <shmage at pipeline.com> wrote:

> Nobody has advanced a "pro-MoussavI," "pro-Kourroubi," or "pro-Rajai"
> case. It is the pro-Iranian-masses case

This is arguing in a circle. The folks on the street are numerous, sure. But does that make them "the masses"? Lotta people in Iran. And the people on the street went there with a demand about annulling the elections. That sounds like a pro-Moussavi demand to me.

> --they recognized the total
> and undeniable (and now officially proclaimed) fraud.

Really? Where might one find that proclamation? Recall now that what's important is whether any nefarious activity was sufficient to change the *result*.

> All that is
> necessary to the pro-fraud case being advanced in this forum is
> mechanical fetishistic genuflection before the fraudulent shibboleth
> of "antimperialism."

This sentence is parsable syntactically but my semantic-interpretation component can't assign a meaning to it. Could you perhaps re-state?

--

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org