[lbo-talk] Tell them we are democrats (was: freedom to swim)

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 25 13:38:57 PDT 2009

At 12:28 PM 6/25/2009, Michael Smith wrote:

>Unless you assume really massive electoral fraud --

Electoral fraud hasn't been the story in this thing for several days.

>massive enough
>to change the result -- of which there is no substantive evidence,

And you know this how? The same claim you make here was made when Calderon was elected president of Mexico. There was much disagreement. Then the election was declared clean without a real investigation.

>then it seems pretty clear that a substantial majority of Iranians
>*don't* "want a secular government."

It seems pretty clear that a substantial number of people are risking bodily injury or worse to say that they do.