[lbo-talk] Tell them we are democrats (was: freedom to swim)

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Thu Jun 25 13:54:08 PDT 2009

On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 13:38:57 -0700 Dennis Claxton <ddclaxton at earthlink.net> wrote:

> >massive enough
> >to change the result -- of which there is no substantive evidence,
> And you know this how?

I don't know that there wasn't fraud. What I do know is that there hasn't been any compelling evidence put forward -- where I've seen it anyway -- that there *was* extensive fraud.

Dr Johnson observes somewhere, "I know two reasons for belief: evidence and inclination." Inclination seems to be hard at work here.

> >then it seems pretty clear that a substantial majority of Iranians
> >*don't* "want a secular government."
>
> It seems pretty clear that a substantial number of people are risking
> bodily injury or worse to say that they do.

No question about that. But do the relative numbers matter? Or don't they?

--

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org