[lbo-talk] Middle eastern dance

Left-Wing Wacko leftwingwacko at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 17:01:46 PDT 2009

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 7:24 AM, Chris Doss <lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> According to that infallible scholarly source wikipedia, belly dancing has
> nothing to do with femininity or gays or whatever at all. It's just a
> gender-neutral folk dance form, like line-dancing.

Chris, Well I wasn't making a claim one way or the other, its just that the last and probably the only time I ever saw a man doing middle eastern dance was in that film Jihad for Love, which is quite good regardless. But I don't imagine they have Netflix in Russia?

Although it seems unlikely that this kind of thing is "gender neutral" as few things are.

-- http://left-wingwacko.blogspot.com/