[lbo-talk] Tell them we are democrats (was: freedom to swim)

ken hanly northsunm at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 27 14:14:11 PDT 2009

Much of Ahmadinejad's support is urban. After all he was mayor of Tehran. The elected city council in Tehran are all conservatives:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_Council_of_Tehran

All the members of the current council are conservatives belonging to the Alliance of Builders of Islamic Iran (Abadgaran) and are close to the President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. But it is widely believed that none of them would be chosen as members of his cabinet, because such an act would lead to the succession of Mostafa Tajzadeh, a reformist, to the council.

This is after the 2007 election.

Blog: http://kenthink7.blogspot.com/index.html Blog: http://kencan7.blogspot.com/index.html