[lbo-talk] I say banana, you say bikini (was: those exotic Iranians)

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 29 23:53:34 PDT 2009

I don't think I'm trivializing anything. I am saying that the system of values on which you are operating (free choice is good, within limits, such as the lack of choice to walk around in public completely naked) may not be shared by large numbers of Iranians. This is a completely different issue than whether or not they should, normatively, share this system of values.

It's not even shared by large numbers of Americans.