[lbo-talk] The myth of homophobia

Joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Sun Mar 1 18:25:13 PST 2009

The capitalist authorities have every reason to be hostile to the shameless
> pursuit of homosexual desire. The establishment values the nuclear family as
> a key bulwark of the social order, defining the social roles of men and
> women, disciplining youth, and providing domestic care and attention (on the
> cheap). The family is promoted by its supporters as the natural (and
> therefore unchanging) order of adult human relations. The family is natural
> because it is based on the natural instinct to procreate. Healthy sexual
> desires are therefore heterosexual, and preferably monogamous.

I see absolutely no contradiction between capitalism and homosexuality. After all, the more choices, the better. And, assuming that homosexuals are less likely to have children, they can spend a lot more money on consumption. Even less so do I see any alignment between capitalism and "the natural."

Joanna