[lbo-talk] Evangelicals at a crossroads as Dobson resigns

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Mar 7 13:20:59 PST 2009

On Mar 7, 2009, at 2:03 PM, Steven L. Robinson wrote:

> Is Focus on the Family really a "Sinking Ship" or is it just going
> through
> economic pains due to the current crisis?

According to the stats in the article, their problems go back several years. Why is it hard to believe their sort of crap is a dying breed? It's clearly an aging demographic, with dwindling influence on national politics.

I gotta say, they do piss me off. What is this "family" they focus on? I've got a family and I hate everything they stand for. My extended family includes two sisters-in-law who are, thanks to Massachusetts law, married to each other. They're family to me and especially to each other and their daughter. I hope these creeps continue to fade.

Doug